Jumia is Nigeria’s number one online shopping destination where you can shop the widest selection of electronics, fashion, home appliances, kid’s items and more in Nigeria and have them shipped directly to your home or office at your convenience!
Job Title: IT Associate
- Provide technical support, solve basic user problems and answer any questions relating to laptops, peripherals, mobile devices, office software, email, IM/voice/video communications, etc.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming service requests from users facing problems with hardware, software, networking, telecommunications and other computer-related technologies
- Diagnose and perform routine repairs or arrange for vendor repair, as appropriate for a wide range of PC/Windows and Macintosh hardware, software and network issues
- Perform local and network installations of software and help users access and use this software
- Facilitate hardware, software, and network set up for new employees /users
- Maintain detailed trouble tickets, escalating issues accordingly and keeping constant channel of communication open with staff during escalation.
- Investigate/research alternative solution across both hardware and software, make recommendations, and prepare implementation plans for computer hardware/software
- Maintain an accurate inventory of technology assets assigned to users, including entering new assets into the inventory management database, tracking asset deployments and dispositions and yearly inventory tracking
Qualifications & Experience
- Ideal Candidate will have 3+ year experience as an IT Associate, Help Desk Specialist or similar role.
- Vendor certification of the following: MS Windows System Support, Cisco knowledge – LAN / WAN and Wireless.
- A strong sense of customer service and demonstrable history of excellent customer-facing skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills, including ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, quickly ascertain and address client issues, relay relevant IT-related information in a timely manner
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Demonstrable methodical problem solving and excellent analytical skills.
- Able to keep others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company (Team player).
- Help Desk / Technical support experience.
Job Title: Visual Designer
- As a Visual Designer, your responsibility is to design training and communication materials for our vendors to be displayed on our online educational platforms and in our hubs during offline events.
- The Visual Designer will be the custodian of all creative assets (banners, images, videos/trailers) that may be sourced directly from content owners, or created in-house by the team.
- Produce videos for all the Jumia Vendor University channels: Vendor Hub, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Support vendor engagement efforts through communication material used for events, physical training, awards ceremonies, etc.
- Design Training documents: digital documents for website and social media, paper, flyers, website banners and other training material for the Vendors training
- Design beautiful and engaging advertising creative in support of Jumia Vendor University’s initiatives across video, digital, social media, print, merchandising, out-of-home and any other assets as deemed necessary.
- Create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements.
- Create world-class customer experiences and beautiful visuals that support and reinforce Jumia Vendor University’s vision, brand, and business objectives across all platforms.
- Create style guides and design pattern libraries in support of our brand, cross-platform experiences and merchandising.
- Support the design team by producing, managing and uploading graphic assets.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Arts/ Design, Visual Art, Fine Art or related field from a recognized and accredited University
- 3 – 4 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment is an advantage
- 3 years managing a team with a track record of relevant achievements.
- Studio experience a big plus, especially in combination with exposure to the Media industries
- Experience managing a fast-paced project pipeline and participate in cross-functional workflow
- Knowledge of web design processes and web content management a plus
- Expertise in other aspects of communications and marketing favourably considered
- Expert level in Adobe Master Collection CS6 incl. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point) tools
- Working knowledge of Google Office Productivity Tools.
- Must possess in-depth experience in Project Management
- In-depth knowledge of relevant design softwares and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding Presentation skills with the confidence to explain and sell ideas to clients and colleagues
- Passion and enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair
- A flexible approach when working in a team
- Accuracy and attention to detail is key
- Open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs
- Effective networking skills are key
Job Title: Category Developer
- We are searching for an exceptional Category Developer with a hunter mentality who has the ability to design and execute cross-sell and up-sell strategies to drive revenue into existing customers. The successful candidate will identify valuable partners, negotiate and close impactful deals, commercial and strategic business agreements, and manages and grows the resulting partnerships to drive revenue growth for Jumia and its vendors. You will also be responsible for acquiring, onboarding and developing vendor on Jumia.
- Ensure that the pricing and promotion of these categories are managed effectively to increase sales and profitability aimed at driving sustainable growth.
- Utilize prospecting tools to generate leads. Prospect to secure new, competitive and non-buying accounts.
- Proactively arrange time in territory to achieve optimum face-to-face selling opportunities.
- Coordinate account set up, initial equipment and product deliveries to ensure customer satisfaction, including follow-up with customer once account is set up.
- Help reshape and define assigned category to proactively engage customer base and drive wallet share growth.
- Effectively execute territory plan, account plans and opportunity plans to maximize revenue across 100-125 assigned accounts
- Help define the seller base and industry verticals Jumia targets and influence a sales plan that is in line with our seller business direction.
- Build and maintain a healthy sales pipeline to achieve new business targets that exceed monthly metrics and key performance goals.
- Drive revenue by identifying and understanding the client’s business needs, and effectively offering highly valued solutions that win new business opportunities for Jumia
- Design exit strategies for unsuccessful vendors/ products
- Utilize tools and best practices to meet and exceed weekly sales goals & metrics
- Collaborating For Value, Strategic Selling, Conceptual Selling, Complex Account Management
- Demonstrates commitment, Strong negotiation skills, Decisive – bias for action, Strong persuading & influencing skills)
- Strong communication skills (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Inquiring)
- Strategic thinking, analytical acumen, problem solving
- Builds long-term value based relationships
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Sales
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in direct Sales, commission sales and/or Account Management in a large FCMG organisation
- Proven ability to initiate relationships, assess partnership viability, work through long deal cycles, and close complex deals.
- Ability to create valid business reasons to engage customers to drive meaningful sales engagements and business opportunities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment
- Advanced knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
Method of Application
Use the links to apply on company website for each position.