Protea Hotels, by Marriott is one of the most widely recognized hospitality brand in Africa with the most extensive footprint. With nearly 100 hotels across 8 countries including South Africa, Zambia, Nigeria, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda, Protea Hotels has the largest strategic footprint throughout the Continent and is highly committed to delivering every guest with a personalized service experience. The Protea Hotels portfolio comprises of two brands, the mid-up market Protea Hotels by Marriott (including the lifestyle brand Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott) brand and the superior deluxe African Pride Hotels brand.
- The hotel Graduate trainee is to always make sure that all staff do everything they can to make sure the hotel’s staff produce reasonable results and make guest stay pleasant and comfortable, while making sure that the hotel is profitable and efficient.
- Train new staff, resolve employee conflicts, and help guests with any issues they might have.
- Report directly to the Manager.
- The Graduate trainee will be responsible for staffing, and training.
- Responsible for planning and training employees
- Promoting and marketing the business
- Supervising staff
- Maintain and update company databases
- Update office policies as needed
- Maintain a company calendar and schedule appointments
- Book meeting rooms as required
- Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. letters, emails and packages)
- Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
Min Required Experience:
- 3 year(s)
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND
- Not Specified
- Minimum of HND
- Minimum 3 years cognate experience
- Reliability and stamina
- Our hotels have a lot of moving parts, from guests to maintenance, to events to budgets and scheduling, the hotel manager need to keep it all organized.
- Problem solving.
- Customer service.
- Accounting skills, hotel administration, economics, marketing, housekeeping, food service management, hotel maintenance and engineering, as well as knowledge of computers.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to stay and direct in a stressful situation and being able to communicate with many different types of people.
- Making sure that guests are happy and that staff is getting what they need to do their job is crucial.
- Work with budgets, planning, creating schedules and supervising operations.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their detailed CV’s to:
30th May, 2017