COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale is an humanitarian, non-confessional and independent Foundation (NGO) that fights against all kinds of poverty to make the world a better place. Founded in 1965, COOPI is based in Milan and it has 24 headquarters in the South of the World.
It works to assist populations struck by emergencies (disasters and conflicts) and to facilitate their civil, economic and social development. The Foundation intervenes in Africa, Latin America and the Middle East in collaboration with local actors (civil society, public administration and so on). In 2012 it has implemented more than 200 projects.
COOPI works in different sectors: agriculture, water and sanitation, health care and nutrition, humanitarian assistance, human rights, education, socio-economic services, migration.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 years
Location: Adamawa, Borno
Locations: Damaturu and Maiduguri
About the job:
- The Finance Assistants supports the Area Administrator in all financial issues of the COOPI offices in Damaturu and Maiduguri
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform the duties of Cashier, which includes responsibility for all cash transactions in the office, daily entries in the COOPI accounting system, daily cash count and reconciliation;
- To prepare documents for payment and verify supporting documents according to COOPI rules as well as country specific legal regulations;
- To issue and control advances for daily small purchases;
- To assist as needed in uploading on a weekly basis the daily Cash Book to the Area Administrator and perform related cash reconciliation and balancing;
- To organize, file and scan all payment vouchers with related supporting documents when corrected and approved Cash Book has been returned from HQ in Abuja;
- To keep the country and individual project inventory records updated in cooperation with the Logistics Department and assist in performing random physical inventories and stock-takings;
- To be the finance focal point for cash distributions, checking documentation prior to and after distributions and being present to monitor distributions and payments.
- To make bank runs including transfer requests, withdrawals, issuing/receiving letters and bank statements ect…
- To assist with any other duties in the Department, as directed by the Area Coordinator, Head of Office and Finance/Admin/HR Officer.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise large and changeable workload.
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to work independently and energetically.
- Good computer skills (especially MS Word and Excel).
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa.
Required qualifications and Experience:
- B.sc / Hnd in Accountancy, finance, banking Business Administration.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a similar position.
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental organizations. Ensure quality, transparency and efficiency in all aspects of the administration/accountancy work
- To maintain high level of confidentiality of all documents and issues.
- Strong written and mathematical skills
- Experience of managing and handling cash
- Perform additional jobs on request.
- Perform all duties to the best of hers/his abilities according to the labour contract, hers/his job description and the staff regulations.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, send:
Minimum three qualified reference contacts
to the following e-mail address: hr.nigeria@COOPI.org
Deadline: 30th June, 2017