Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN) – Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post below in the under-listed National Agricultural Research Institutes (NARIs) under the aegis of the Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN):
Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 10 years
Location: Umudike, Abia Organisation NARIs: National Root Crops Research Institute (NRCRI)
Location: Benin, Edo Organisation NARIs: Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research (NIFOR)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno Organisation NARIs: Lake Chad Research Institute (LCRI)
Location: Ibadan, Oyo Organisation NARIs: Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN)
- The Institute has national mandate for research into the genetic improvement, production and processing of cassava, yam, cocoyams, Irish potato, ginger and sweet potato and also research into the total farming systems for the broad ecological zone covering the south-east geo-political zone.
- The Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer is the Research and Administrative Head of the Institute and therefore responsible for the academic and administrative management and leadership of the Institute.
- Candidates must be holders of PhD in relevant discipline, have extensive research experience as evidenced by scientific publications with a minimum of ten (10) years cognate experience in an agricultural research institution.
- In addition, candidates must have ability to provide research/administrative leadership and also have clear and articulated vision for the development of the Institute.
- Being a Director of Research in a Research Institute will be an added advantage. Furthermore, he/she must not be more than 60 years of age as at the possible time of commencement of tenure.
Terms of Appointment
- A single term of Five (5) years only
- Political Office Holder Salary Scale.
Method of Application
Applicants are requested to submit Twelve (12) typewritten copies and one (1) electronic copy on CD of their Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. Functional phone numbers and e-mail address should be indicated in the CV.
Three Referees should be requested to send their reports to the address below. All applications and Referees reports should be marked “Confidential Application” at the top left corner of the envelope and addressed to:
The Executive Secretary,
Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN),
Agricultural Research House,
Plot 2230 Cadastral Zone 86, Mabushi,
P.M.B. 5026, Wuse,
Note: Candidates must apply for only one institute under the Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN) as multiple applications (i.e applications for more than one institute) is not allowed.
Deadline: 21st June, 2017