The International Rescue Committee (IRC) – Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a prominent international organization working in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression.
Job Title: Admin/ HR Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 1 year
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Band: 9 – this position is open only to Nigerian nationals
Scope of Work
- Assists the Field Office ADM/HR lead in his human resources management and administration roles.
Assist the Field Office ADM/HR Lead in Recruitment, Orientation and Integration:
- Job advertising.
- Receiving candidates
- Pre-screening and shortlist candidates
- Organize candidates written tests and interviews
- Publish recruitment results
- Prepare hiring documents.
- Preparing and support onboarding/transition process for the new hires staff or transferred staff
- Assist the field office ADM/HR Lead in performance management and staff development,
- Receive and file staff performance reviews
- Monitor deadlines and needed reminders
- Compile staff development needs
- Prospect potential training providers.
- Ensures that training completion reports are submitted.
- Established and keep up tdate the list of employees whreceived training paid by IRC
- Assure staff filing and administration,
- Assure staff timesheets submission and filing
- Track and monitor staff leaves, sick leaves and absences
- Assure the maintenance and updating of individual files
- Assure that all required administrative formalities are respected (staff contract registration, social security registration, medical insurance registration, etc.)
- Debrief exiting employees and complete end-of-assignment procedures.
Assist in Administration Management:
- Track and monitor all IRC offices and homes administration and maintenance.
- Manage rental agreements for offices and housing.
- Monitor renewal and termination of contracts and payments with suppliers, service providers, and lessors and assure that all are done on time.
- Assure that all facilities are well functioning, including housekeeping, office supplies, electricity, maintenance and repair, internet and other communications functions in the field office.
- Assure proper use and functionality of office equipment.
- Maintain proper records of all correspondence.
- Track and monitor subscriptions and monthly telephone and Internet communications, and assure that all are paid on time.
- Assist the field office ADM/HR Lead on travel documents processes (visa, ticket, etc.)
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports recruitment
- Prepare and submit monthly report HR
- Prepare and submit monthly staff leave accrual
- Prepare and submit quarterly the updated “severance pay”
- Prepare and submit monthly rental agreements tracking sheet
- Prepare and submit monthly renewal and termination of contracts and payments with suppliers, service providers, lessors tracking sheet.
- Other relevant duties as assigned (of a similar nature or related and in the interest of the organization)
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Human resources or administrative qualifications desirable
- 1 year of relevant professional experience in administration / human resources
- Previous experience working with an international NGin a cross-cultural setting, preferably in the HR sector
- Previous team experience and knowledge of team dynamics desirable
- Good inter-personal and conflict resolution skills, able twork under pressure and manage personal stress
- Strong organizational and time management skills, team-player but alsable twork independently
- Able to coach and support others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Compassionate, self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Able to cope with basic living conditions during field trips.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their cover letters and CV’s in MS word with the position applied for to: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org
- The successful candidate will combine good understanding of HR and Admin, and a can-dattitude.
- Ideally s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts.
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we encourage residents in Adamawa and surrounding to apply for this position.