Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions, founded in 1975. As a leader in platform and productivity for the mobile-first, cloud-first world, we believe in what people make possible. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. I am because we are” – the popular African proverb asserts. It also best describes our relationship with the continent of Africa over the last 20 years.
Enterprise Channel Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 10 years
Job #: 1059133
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Joining The Microsoft Team Means…
- The Enterprise Channel Manager (ECM) role is key to Microsoft’s channel management strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner Organization.
- The role is required to lead partner impact in customer accounts and support customer aligned channel development and execution for partners.
- The role will need to orchestrate across the Enterprise Sales, Partner Management and Go-to-Market teams to ensure partner offerings are aligned to customer requirements as defined through the Microsoft solution and practice maps.
- The role will lead co-sell partner impact in assigned customers/territory and provide feedback to OCP where partner capacity and coverage is needed.
- ECMs will be expected to have deep knowledge and expertise of the partners in the geography to support solution selling, customers’ digital transformation, and build this expertise on an ongoing basis.
- The seniority of the role evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem, and will nurture partners’ seller network by building mutually beneficial co-sell partnerships.
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
- Channel Managers drive customer lifetime value by leading pipeline development and velocity for co-sell ready partners, and by proliferating great partner solutions across customers locally.
- Accountable to drive incremental customer revenue, consumption and success through partner impact.
- Partner with ATU, STU, Industry and Customer Success to drive customer lifetime value by: delivering and integrating partner expertise into sales cycle activities, and to account teams and customers, to facilitate solution selling; driving partner attach and partner pipeline development through bi-directional opportunity sharing via MSX/PSC; qualifying and landing inbound partner co-sell opportunities with enterprise sellers of assigned customers; connecting resources and programs to support partner co-sell pipeline velocity and alleviating any friction points; owning the IP Partner Co-Sell Subsidiary Scorecard Metric target for assigned customer accounts; scaling partner co-sell through enterprise sellers by landing Microsoft seller enablement activities and co-sell coaching; aligning with Partner Management team to ensure strong partner engagement in co-sell opportunities.
- Build a local partner ecosystem of best of breed solutions around customer. Create and drive connections between Microsoft sellers and partners, and partner to partner, to deliver solutions to end customers by: facilitating match-making within the partner ecosystem to drive opportunities and customer success; proliferating great partner solutions across customers locally; identifying and integrate partners into account/territory plans; driving attendance of sellers and partners to networking and readiness events.
- Leads P-Seller engagement in opportunities, including key Microsoft contact on partner led opportunities. Build deep co-sell partnership with P-Seller community by: nurturing partnerships through strong network of local partner, in particular P-Seller contacts; identifying the top P-Sellers at co-sell ready partners to engage with and any strong partner candidates to onboard into the P-Seller program; supporting P-Sellers with identifying new business opportunities with Microsoft; working with ATU, STU, Industry and Customer Success to establish quality partner and P-Seller connections; coaching P-Sellers on how to effectively engage with Microsoft sellers, and how to leverage Microsoft assets to improve effectiveness; acting as virtual sales manager of the engaged P-Seller community.
- Orchestrate end-to-end co-sell motion with the GTM and Partner Management teams, by: partnering with PMA team to drive leads and opportunities for co-sell ready partners; surfacing customer wins for partner co-sell evidence; landing seller readiness of co-sell motion, solution/practice maps, incentives and programs; surface partner capability needs and key Opportunities to Partner Management team; provide feedback to GTM team on Solution/Practice map coverage.
Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 10+ years of experience – core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development.
- MS platform experience preferable
- Reasonable level of technical proficiency
- Extensive experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
- Bachelor Degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Deadline: Not specified