The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a not for profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) across Africa working side by side with Ministries of Health, regional and international partners. AFENET works to strengthen epidemiology and disease surveillance capabilities of African countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy and the International Health Regulations (IHR).
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 8 years
Reports to: Executive Director
- Lead financial, accounting and fund management functions of the Organization by raising and managing funds, report to the donors while observing compliance requirements.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Develop, update and monitor implementation of the accounting and financial management policies and procedures in line with the organization strategic plan, accounting standards and regulations;
- Develop financial plans and monitor forecasts in alignment with organization’s strategic and operational plans and projections.
- Develop, prepare, analyze and interpret relevant financial and non-financial performance measures (comparative financial results and key performance indicators) for appropriate financial decisions
- Develop financial plans and monitor forecasts in alignment with the organization’s strategic, operational plans and projections;
- Coordinate and oversee budget preparation process, approval and implementation;
- Support the resource mobilization operations that attract Grants and funding streams for the Organization;
- Oversee fund management operation and in accordance with the donor requirements and standards;
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, special analyses and presentation to Management and Board of Directors for decision making on financial aspects;
- Lead identification and preparation of periodical financial risk assessment reports, financial investment reports for the organization’s management and Board of Directors;
- Coordinate with the external auditors during the audit and ensure all audit schedules are prepared and filed before the audit;
- Coordinate with internal auditors regarding internal audit, risk management and governance
- Oversee financial and management information systems operations in the organization;
- Manage and monitor the implementation of AFENET’s multiple public-private partnerships;
- Provide capacity building to staff and partners in budget development, financial reporting and grants monitoring;
- Support the financial management, administration and implementation of AFENET’s multiple public-private partnerships through providing financial advice and support.
- Lead, coach and develop the finance and accounting team.
- Oversee the scaling up of SUN Systems Computer Financial Application at AFENET sub- regional and country offices
- Masters’ degree in Accounting, Business Administration with a bias in Finance & Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting
- Chartered Membership to professional organizations and possession of relevant Chartered certifications.
- Knowledge of applicable US Government procurement, contracting, rules and regulations as well as administrative/financial policies and techniques.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to Professional Bodies
The candidate must be a member of one or all of the following professional organizations:
- A member of the association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or Certified Public Accountant(CPA)
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience serving in a similar position in a reputable Organization preferably an NGO, three (3) of which must be at Managerial level.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in finance and accounting, plus proven project management skills.
- Strong Financial planning and management skills
- Analytical approach to work and ability to make quick but balanced decisions.
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative initiative.
- Able to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships.
- Proficiency in SUN Systems Computer Financial Application
The position carries a competitive remuneration.
Applicants should submit their Application letters (detailing their experiences and skills), Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic documents and 3 references to “The Human Resource Office, African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)” via: email@example.com
Deadline: 15th August, 2017