MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognizable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Job Title: Data Services Support Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
- To manage the implementation and support of MTNN network integration of Customer Edge/Core devices in the ADSL, WiFi, WiMAX, GPRS and Enterprise Data Network.
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- Analyze and provide information on bandwidth usage, user application/experience and critical upgrades on the Mobile/Fixed Data Network.
- Monitor adherence to processes and procedures to ensure conformance to best practices, thereby identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Coordinate the implementation of Mobile/Fixed Data Network planning functions to achieve the quality and key performance indicators (KPIs), as well as marketing and sales targets defined by the business
- Coordinate vendor-related emergency maintenance on Mobile/Fixed Data Network.
- Oversee constant tracking, monitoring and resolving of faults on the Mobile/Fixed Data Network.
- Oversee proper implementation of change requests and planned work.
- Manage network performance, bandwidth usage and configuration, ensuring conformance with set KPIs.
- Understand the telecommunication industry local trends and developments, thereby assessing the impact on MTN’s current and future business.
- Monitor performance statistics and generate weekly reports, providing monthly and quarterly progress updates on Mobile/Fixed Data projects.
- Supervise and ensure deliverables of Network Implementation and Network Operations are met as it relates to Mobile/Fixed Data projects.
- Supervise and work effectively with Vendor and Network Planning teams to deliver effectively on all internal/external stakeholder projects.
- Coordinate all Mobile/Fixed Data projects with Vendor Teams
- Manage and direct the objectives and work schedules of projects for the various Planning Units (IP, VAS, Transmission, Core and Fixed)
- Manage Mobile/Fixed Data projects in conformance with business plan and headquarters driven strategy
- Interface with other departments in NWG Planning (IP, VAS, Transmission, Core and Fixed) and CPG to monitor and supervise every stage of the Mobile/Fixed Data project implementation
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports (to the Data Services Manager) on Mobile/Fixed Data projects
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open Plan Office
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- First degree in Electrical/ Electronics or Computer Engineering
- UNIX Certification
- Cisco/ Juniper certification desired Training
- Advanced MPBN Training
- Advanced GGSN/SGSN Training
- Advanced UNIX Training
- Mobile/Fixed Data Network Vendor-related Courses (BRAS, SAPC, PCrF, MSP, Radius, AAA)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Deadline: 21st May, 2017