The United Nations has reported that starvation threatens more than a million children in Somalia, Nigeria, Yemen, and South Sudan. Conditions in other African countries are also worsening – with growing hunger caused by months of drought leaving children amongst the most badly affected.
Malteser International plans to deliver humanitarian assistance to the affected population (IDPs, host communities and refugees) in Nigeria and Cameroon in response to the current famine crisis and displacement in the region. Program activities will be partly self-implemented and partly implemented through partners.
Country Operations Manager
Job Type: Full Time
As Country Operations Manager, you will ensure the administrative, financial and logistic systems and procedures in compliance with Malteser International and donor standards. Furthermore, you will ensure that rules and regulations are in place, maintained and adhered to, so that all operational support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Supervise, monitor and support to the Operational Support Team (finance, logistics, human resources) at the Main Office and field offices to ensure that Malteser International administration, personnel, logistics and finance systems are in place and applied.
- Monitor compliance with Malteser International and donor standards, rules and regulations as well as administrative and logistic procedures during project/program planning, implementation and closure and ensure that they are implemented, used and adhered to.
- Organize and coordinate support for Project/Program Management Teams in the fulfilment of their duties according to project/program design and timely implementation of agreed and necessary changes; support this department in the establishment of project budgets and budget control.
- Contribute to a comprehensive monthly report that covers all relevant operational support information
- Ensure potential trainings for local staff and partners on finance, logistics and HR issues
- If required by the Emergency Coordinator or Partner Projects Coordinator ensure monitoring visits to field office and partners
- Working experience in administration and financial management of humanitarian aid and development projects
- Knowledge of different donor requirements (e.g. German Foreign Ministry, ECHO, etc)
- Fully computer literate (knowledge of bookkeeping systems desirable)
- Prepared to work with limited resources and under difficult circumstances
- High personal engagement, flexibility, communication skills as well as ability to work in a team
- Physical and mental strength, sensitivity for other cultures
Starting date: 1st of October 2017 or even before
Duty station: Maiduguri, Nigeria with frequent travels to Abuja and Malteser International´s / partner project field sites
Duration of contract: until 31.12.2017 (extension possible, subject to additional donor funding approvals)
Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package, accomodation, return flight, paid leave days and medical check-up
Please note that this is an unaccompanied position
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at our job portal.
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) online until September 03rd, 2017.
Please note that due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer this post before the closing date.
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Deadline: 3rd September, 2017