British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
Corporate Communications Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Job Number: 4621
Function: Legal & External Affairs
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco is looking for a new colleague to join us in the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs (CORA) team, in Lagos, Nigeria.
- As a key member of the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs (CORA) team, the IC & S Manager will manage the company’s internal communications programme, provide strategic communication support to the business and assist employees and managers understand their role in making business goals a reality.
- He/She will also be responsible for addressing key business-related social, environmental and economic impacts in a way that builds value for our stakeholders as well as our shareholders, which will in turn improve our commercial sustainability
- This role reports to the Area head of Cora and is a self-managed role with no direct reports, the coverage bering the West African Area (Anglophone and Francophone)
- Set strategy to manage employee communications that ensure employees understand and support company strategies, principles and initiatives, and the impact on the employee’s day-to-day activities.
- Develops, manages and produces effective communications tools & platforms, such as company magazines, corporate literature and internal campaigns, that ensure staff are aware of and supporting business initiatives, and success.
- Develops and manages the development of annual communications cycle plans that incorporates functional and company requirements and supports the company plan and focus.
- Strengthening the recommended approach to Sustainability Agenda.
- Drive high standards and best practice on Sustainability management approach.
- Provide technical advice and support on Sustainability issues.
- Monitor emerging global sustainability issues.
- Graduate calibre, ideally with professional or higher qualification in PR, Internal Communication or Corporate Communication.
- Experience in developing and implementing Sustainability programmes in a corporate environment.
- Expert in project management and good understanding of the tobacco regulatory environment.
- 5 years+ broad internal communications experience, ideally in a blue chip company.
- Understanding of the wider communications disciplines; experience of change management.
- Understanding of research tools and methodologies; can conduct small scale qual. and quant. Research.
- The job-holder should demonstrate an aptitude for policy-making and stakeholder engagement processes.
- He/She should have comprehensive understanding of Sustainability issues within corporate organisations, comprehensive understanding of stakeholder management and reporting process and best practice standards and mechanisms.
- Ability to identify sustainability issues cross functionally and drive a sustainable agenda to address issues identified.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Deadline: Not Specified