Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
Community Demand Creator
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 years
Job ID: 21606
- Provide support in the development and implementation of the project project’s BCC strategy to ensure positive behavioural change for improved demand and utilization of MNCH services within a cluster of Local Government Areas.
- Work with Gender advisor and M and E advisor to ensure gender equality is mainstreamed at the local level and project outputs are adequately documented to feed into Performance management framework.
- Ensure compliance with all donor program and operational requirements.
Key End Results and Typical Responsibilities
Programme development & Quality Management:
- Supervise and monitor the capacity building of stakeholders and other activities of project partners at community and household levels, in line with project standards.
- Contribute to the development and review of IEC materials and radio messages, including development of dissemination and monitoring plan.
- Responsible for ensuring implementation of project engagement strategy with 100 women groups, male champions and traditional/religious leaders.
- Participate in program research processes in the project.
- Work with service delivery facilitators to strengthen linkages and ensure alignment of demand and supply side interventions, including addressing demand/supply side issues.
- Work with and support WDCs and other stakeholders to ensure safe spaces for greater participation of women and adolescent in decision making around MNCH issues, including the development and implementation of advocacy and community mobilization packages and plans and sustainability of community interventions.
- Regularly support the documentation and review community level data, including collection processes.
- Responsible for regular and timely updates and reports, including success stories, best practices on demand side activities.
- Participate in the design and maintenance of SMS platform, ensuring regular communication to identified stakeholders, on MNCH events, issues and activities.
- Work with Gender advisor in identifying gender barriers to positive MNCH outcomes and addressing them through BCC interventions, including supporting the gender responsive referral process.
- Work with VSLA coordinator to implement community component of VSLA strategy.
- Maintain good relationship with the local traditional and religious leaders, NURTW, Ward development committees and women and men social groups.
- Assume any other responsibility as assigned by the Supervisor or the National Project Director
Qualifications and Experience
- A First Degree in Social Sciences/Arts or Communication from a recognized higher institution.
- At least 3 years’ practical work experience in the area of social and behaviour change communication and public relations of public health programs especially MNCH programs.
- Experience working with PHC workers, local communities, Ward development communities and social groups.
- Experience facilitating focus group discussions and other community participatory processes, including trainings.
- Knowledge and experience with some donor program frameworks and approaches will be an added advantage.
- The position will require 50% of time spent in the Local Government Areas and communities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Deadline: Not specified