Do you have a strong passion for writing?
Do you have experience writing articles, newsletters, blogs, short stories etc
Have you been looking for an opportunity to apply your communications skills for social good and community development?
Why don’t you consider joining Education as a Vaccine.
Education as a Vaccine is a non-governmental, youth focused organization that works in partnership with children and young people to advance their rights to health and protection from all forms of violence by strengthening their capacities providing direct services and influencing policies for improved quality of life.
Job Title: Communications Intern
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 1 year
We are looking for a communications intern, who’s ready to join our communication team and add value to our PR and developmental strides. This position will be based in our HQ in Jahi, Abuja.
Key Task and Responsibilities:
Production and Dissemination of Organizational Public Relations
This will include:
- Coordinating the production of EVA quarterly newsletter and other general updates according to the communication and advocacy objectives. For this purpose, gathers information (including interviews) with EVA staff, partners and beneficiaries.
- Packaging and disseminating EVA reports, case studies, tools and other materials to maximize their use;
- Working closely with the Visual Communication Officer on the layout and design of any external communication materials both offline and online
This will involve:
- Updating the content of the website on a monthly basis to ensure dissemination of the organizational progress and achievement
- Proactively seeking new resources where EVA and its work should feature.
Relations with media
The person will:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication channels with mass media representatives, news services, editors, etc.
- Source and secure media opportunities for EVA to showcase its work during key commemoration days such as World AIDS Day, Children’s Day; International Women’s Day;
- Prepare news releases and other public briefing notes in relation to key developments in EVA’s work
- Social media Engagement
- The communications officer will work with individual staff to increase EVA’s social media presence to ensure that it improves EVA’s brand presence and remain useful to its stakeholders. This will include:
- Developing creative content for posting on EVA facebook pages, twitter timeline and Instagram page
- Updating all social media outlet at least twice a day with routine information about EVA’s activities
- Responding to comments and request coming from social media postings
- Coordinating the use of social media for reporting on the activities with other individual staff during special events
Board of Director Liaison
The person will be required to:
- Follow-up on board tasks/activities emanating from meetings by sending out reminders
- Develop board minutes for committee and general board meetings
- Keep board members updated on organizational progress and challenges by sending quarterly e-mail alerts.
- Organizational Development and Integration
- The Communications Officer will provide advice and other practical support for the furtherance of EVA core functions. This will involve:
- Supporting programs team in the development of progress reports to donors and other stakeholders;
- Supporting the Advocacy team in mobilizing individuals to participate in advocacy campaigns.
- Supporting the fundraising team in the development and execution of fundraising events and campaigns
- Supporting human resource development by building the capacity of individual staff in both oral and written communication.
- Providing editorial support to EVA staff in the preparation of case studies, research publications, and lessons learnt reports etc.
- A BSC or HND in Mass Communication or Media Studies
- At least 1 year experience in similar position
- Highly organized and detail orientated.
- Can work under intense pressure without losing focus.
- Strong skills in time management and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and can work with minimum supervision
- Extensive writing ability
- Excellent Oral communication skills
- Can work with a team to deliver positive results
- Strongly believes in and willing to uphold human rights values and positive youth development
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE