Co Creation Hub (CcHUB) is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place.
The HUB is a place for technologists, social entrepreneurs, government, tech companies, impact investors and hackers in and around Lagos to co-create new solutions to the many social problems in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Data Scientist (Octave Analytics)
- We are looking for someone who has the four qualities of a great data scientist: creativity, tenacity, curiosity, and deep technical skills. They will use these skills in data gathering and data mining, visualization, machine learning, and computer programming to make data driven decisions and data driven products.
- Translate business goals and research questions into data discovery analysis, results and prototype modelling output.
- Design and implement software engines to construct intelligent knowledge from structured and unstructured data sources (e.g., email, chats, documents, etc.
- Design and implement fast and efficient data process of ‘big data’ using techniques (e.g., NOSQL, in memory, etc)
- Tell Stories with Data
- Collaborate with customer, stakeholders and potentially globally distributed team
- Use Data Science to deliver business insight that has measurable impact on top level metrics
- Manage transitioning from Business Intelligence on relational based systems to big data technologies on specific project or use cases/stories
- To provide analytical and innovative input to projects
Health and Safety:
- Undertake all work in a safe manner and follow all company and workplace health and safety procedures.
- Identify new hazards and advise manager or workplace H&S representative/co-ordinator within 24 hours of identification
- Accurately report incidents and accidents to manager or workplace H&S representative/co-ordinator as soon as possible.
Key Relationships (Internal &/or External)
Internal to Octave:
- IT/Operations Staff
- Functional Management
- All Octave Staff
External to Octave:
- Octave Clients/Partners
- External Accountants
- Good university degree in Computer Science or equivalent subjects.
- Strong foundation in computer science with core competencies in statistics, efficient data structures, algorithm designs, data mining, machine learning
- Experience with data modeling and building large distributed systems with multi-core architectures
- Proficient in relational (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, etc.) and non-relational database (e.g., NOSQL MongoDB, etc.) design and programming
- Proficient in data analytics packages like SPSS, MatLab, R, STATA and Python
- Candidate must have graduated with a Minimum CGPA of 2.1/Upper Credit.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 28th April, 2017.