Pfizer – Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That’s why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
Job Title: Medical Representative
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND Location: Enugu
Job ID: 1040342
Jobs at this level work with some support from manager/colleagues/field trainers. They are competent at planning and organising so as to meet business plan objectives. Some involvement in project work may be required.
- Promote products to designated customers in order to achieve territory plan objectives.
Product Promotion & Sales:
- Effective selling skills.
- Achievement of territory plan objectives.
- Call rate
- Coverage and frequency.
- Market Share cf National Average
- Change in Market Share cf National Average.
- % growth in Market Share cf National Average.
- ‘Special event’ meetings.
- Build relationships with target customers to enhance territory knowledge to gain product endorsement to generate sales.
- Customer rapport.
- Coverage and frequency.
- Up to date customer records.
- Development of key opinion leaders.
- Hospital referral patterns.
- Distributor information and support
- Coordination with distributor reps to ensure timely pick up and supplies of orders from customers.
- Timely response to customer queries on product / medical information and other activities relating to company and own duties.
- Diagnosis of situation of territory e.g. local politics, PCG’s, local initiatives leading to subsequent design and implementation of territory business plan to achieve business objectives.
Business Planning and Management:
- Production of workable business plan with objectives.
- Business plan implemented/updated as necessary.
- Achievement of objectives outlined in plan.
- Demonstration that territory knowledge has been acted on.
- Feedback to Team and Head Office of relevant competitor activity or local issues to ensure appropriate action can be taken.
- Competitor knowledge/activities and products, campaigns – key issues identified and fed back.
- Local situations are known e.g. political, formularies, budgets, PCG’s, new developments.
- Parallel trade and fakes report in line with the agreed standards and time lines to the regulatory department.
- Adverse event monitoring and reports.
- Liaise with territory team members to share information, motivate and support team members and therefore contribute to the generation and delivery of the business plan.
- Team rapport.
- Achievement of shared business plan objectives.
- Feedback – team members, trainer, manager (giving & receiving)
- .Effective communication.
- Sharing of appropriate information.
- Good territory management e.g. sharing/exchanging meetings and appointments.
- Taking on territory team responsibility e.g. minutes at meetings.
- Assistance of new reps to gain quick knowledge of processes and market dynamics as well as reports during the period of field training.
- Proactively implement/update personal development plan in order to develop self further within current role or prepare for any future roles.
- Development of skills, knowledge and competency.
- Receiving and act on feedback from team members, trainer, managers.
- Commit to improvement in It skills through active sharing and learning from other colleagues and supervisors to enhance timely responses to feedbacks and completion of online quizzes and training as required while minimizing inappropriate usage of company laptop and accessories.
- Good driving skills and adherence to traffic rules to limit cases of vehicle accidents or incidents and maximize maintenance costs.
- Ensure territory and administrative systems/processes are maintained and updated to ensure an accurate record of territory is available at all times.
- Administrative Systems
- Accurate, timely reports.
- Expenses submitted on time.
- Weekly monthly itinerary and clinical meeting plans and preapproval forms.
- Up to date territory records.
- Computer literacy e.g. Power point, Excel, Word, outlook etc.
- Maintain any company equipment in representatives care.
- State of car.
- Orderly boot stocked with correct items.
- Security – computer/literature not on display in the car.
- Equipment maintained in good working order.
- Condition of returned equipment.
Skills, Knowledge; Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences; preferably Pharmacy or Medicine.
- Promoted product knowledge.
- Knowledge of relevant therapeutic areas.
- Basic Information Technology [I T] Knowledge.
- Basic selling skills.
- Impact and Influence (3) – Takes actions to persuade.
- Honesty and Consistency (3) – Takes actions which are consistent with Values and Beliefs.
- Teamwork and Co-operation (3) – Solicits input from other teams.
- Planning and Prioritising (3) – Makes monthly/quarterly plans.
- Initiative (3) – Thinks and acts ahead.
- Interpersonal sensitivity (2) – Listens to what people say.
- Flexibility (2) – Changes tasks willingly.
- Drive for results (2) – Takes action to achieve goals or targets.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply Here using the job ID they’re applying for.
Job Title: Medical Quality Assurance Portfolio Team Lead
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 15 years
Job ID: 1040351
Medical Quality Assurance Portfolio Team Lead (CV & Metabolic, Immunology & Inflammation, Neuroscience and Pain, Rare Disease)
- The CV / I&I / Rare Diseases Portfolio Team Lead (PTL) is responsible for setting the quality strategy, including inspection planning, audit strategy and quality governance for a complex development portfolio, including Pfizer sponsored research, collaborative partnerships, innovative development, and licensing arrangements.
- The Lead acts as the business and functional partner on cross functional issues and development, and drives their team to execute on the strategy.
- They help guide and develop Quality Assurance colleagues.
- The PTL acts as the MQA sponsor on special/innovative/complex projects.
- The PTL is up to date on current industry trends, and brings a unique understanding/perspective relative to regulatory/compliance requirements within their TA.
- The Lead represents the MQA organization on the relevant governance committees.
- Acts as a strategic leader in Quality, influencing leadership, peers, and reports within MQA and leadership and peers across functional lines, to develop a consistent and transparent Quality strategy for the portfolio. Sets behavioral and relationship building standard for others to aspire to in MQA and Quality. Builds effective customer relationships across stakeholders and business lines.
- Holds their team accountable for responsibilities.
- Drives team excellence by initiating and investing in development to build a stronger and more capable organization. Responsible for performance management.
- Strengthens group business acumen by providing opportunities to analyze and solve strategic business issues.
- Provides appropriate ongoing support to ensure that current talent develops the skills necessary to be a high performing MQA professional
- Develops, leads and represents MQA audit strategy within Pfizer for a portfolio, and is accountable for the communication of the audit strategy across clinical leads, QALs, regulatory leads, and governance bodies
- Develops and manages complex quality programs, functional areas, and/or assessments and holds their team accountable
- Accountable for development of comprehensive audit plan across the portfolio (site, doc, CRO audits, inspections)
- Acts as a strategic partner in pro-actively identifying risks and challenges within the portfolio
- Collaborates with MQA colleagues on portfolio strategies to drive consistency across MQA
- Drive consistency and compliance with quality standards aligned with the enterprise and MQA
- Represents Pfizer MQA strategy at industry forums and regulatory agency interactions
- Analyzes and interprets quality data to distill key trends and risks, communicates findings to cross-functional leadership, provides strategic direction based on findings and implements change
- Accountable for review of audit plans and review of complex / for cause audits within the portfolio and holds their team accountable
- Accountable for timely reporting and close out of audit reports for direct reports
- Oversees and directs audits which may include routine, for cause, directed, and due diligence audits
- Oversees MQA support of complex investigations in collaboration with corporate compliance
- Works to ensure quality standards are consistently applied across the portfolio
- Proactively identifies and leads solutions for continuous improvement within MQA and Quality
- Maintains current knowledge of industry quality trendsMonitors and maintains industry wide expertise of disease areas in portfolio
- Provides current, direct, complete and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others, clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions, sets clear objectives and measures, monitors process, progress and results, designs feedback loops into work
- Grow others by providing challenging and stretching tasks and assignments, is aware of each direct reports career goals, mutually constructs compelling development plans and executes them, pushes people to accept developmental moves, will take on those who need help and further development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Advanced academic qualification/degree is preferred; equivalent relevant professional experience will be considered.
- 15+ years relevant experience in clinical quality management, biomedical science, clinical development, or regulatory strategy
- 5+ years in a management role with proven accountability, and demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, influencing, and problem-solving capabilities; strongly preferred
- Expert in audits with a background in GCP, PV, GLP or other related quality areas
- Expertise in multiple quality areas preferred
- Proven ability to function autonomously in a matrix model and in a team environment
- Proven ability to think innovatively and to develop and execute strategic plans pursuant to the responsibilities of the role
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply Here using the job ID provided.
24th October, 2016.