Jumia – We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car and Jumia Services.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
Chief Finance Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 10 years
- Defining and implementing the financial strategy in collaboration with the Group CFO and local CEO. Providing strategic financial input and leadership on issues affecting the business
- Ensuring the accurate/timely reporting of the business financial results, the preparation of the budgets, financial reports and analyses, evaluate cash flow projections
- Leading the accounting function, maintaining the financial accounting systems and best in class accounting processes
- Ensuring compliance with all country legal, regulatory and tax reporting requirements
- Designing policies and processes for internal control to minimize business risk and comply with local and internal accounting standards
Background & Skills
- 10 years of Audit or Operational finance experience
- Qualified accountant with knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- Experience in big 4 audit firm preferred
- Strong Leadership Skills and exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external affiliates and clients
- Strategic orientation and successfully managed financial organization with comparative scale and complexity
Head of New Business Development
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 6 years
As the Head of New Business Development, you will be responsible for planning, driving implementation, and implementing continuity plans for new business initiatives and transformational / strategic projects for the company.
- Initiation and completion of new programs.
- Identify strategic partner prospects, prepare and participate in negotiations, analyze suggested terms, and manage relationships from start to finish.
- Drive consensus within the Jumia’s leadership team on overall strategy, roadmap and deliverables.
- Work with regional sales manager and local sales to formulate a strategy and implement a plan of action with local and overseas teams to attack potential business
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in selected markets to drive overall corporate strategy for addressing key markets. The successful candidate will continue to build expertise with continued internal and external education and collaboration with industry experts.
- Help increase the company portfolio and maintain a strong new product pipeline.
- Acting as both the sales lead and portfolio owner, liaise and direct all necessary resources in place to convert the sale.
- Organize conferences and social events that give the company captive access to customers in an attempt to build rapport.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under tension and pressure
- Flexible, action and results oriented
- Avid internet user with strong computer skills
- Team player
- Ability to meet targets
Qualification & Experience
- A degree in Business, Commerce or any Strategy related field
- 6+ years of experience in Category Management, Business Development, or Partner Management within ecommerce or technology sectors
- Strong presentation, sales, and negotiation skills
- A proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated track record of winning/establishing strategic relationships with enterprise. customers/partners and/or brand owners
Method of Application
Use the links below to apply on company website.
Deadline: Not specified