PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services. We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services (CMAAS) Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 6 years
Reference Number: 125-NIG00129
Job type: Permanent
Additional Information: Travel Requirements: 25-50%
- Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential.
What will you do if you work in CMAAS at PwC?
- You’ll ask questions and test assumptions.
- You’ll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on.
- You’ll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards.
- You’ll serve the public interest and the capital markets by providing quality assurance and advisory services.
- The world is quickly changing, that’s why PwC is quickly adapting.
- We’re capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
- We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities
- As a member of the Capital Markets practice within CMAAS, you will help clients navigate through complicated transactions and events, from evaluation through integration, in a multifaceted business environment.
- PwC helps clients negotiate with confidence. Some of the world’s most prestigious companies rely on our buy-and-sell side due diligence capabilities and turn to us for advice on financial reporting, valuation and tax issues.
- We also provide advice and project management for capital raising events such as initial public offerings, secondary listings and private placements.
- For companies in distressed situations, we advise on crisis avoidance, financial and operational restructuring and bankruptcy.
- Clients rely on PwC to help them make informed and empowered decisions to invest, divest, raise capital or reorganize.
- As our clients execute on their chosen strategy, our focus turns to helping them extract value.
- PwC’s CMAAS practice advises our clients in moments of exceptional change around deals and accounting change helping them shape strategy and transformation.
- We advise our clients across the deal spectrum to capture value.
- CMAAS employs a team based structure to tackle clients’ needs with a solution oriented approach to creatively address complex financial reporting problems.
- We work on high profile transactions with significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisors.
- We have a coaching environment with both formal and informal systems in place as well as continuous on the job training to ensure industry leading personal and professional development.
Our main areas of focus within the capital markets team include:
- Capital markets such as IPOs, spins, debt raisings and capital structure advice;
- Alliances such as enter/exit JVs, strategic alliances, licenses, collaborations, etc.;
- Crisis, restructurings and restatements; and,
- Deal strategy and readiness including navigating fundraising and M&A options.
- Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 6
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or other business field of study, including an acceptable NASBA foreign education equivalent.
- Certification(s) Required: Passed either ACA or AACA Exam or the equivalent accounting or finance certification exam in the selected individual’s home country.
- Participate as an individual contributor and a team member with senior CMAAS practitioners & other professionals (e.g. bankers, lawyers, auditors, advisors) on complex financial reporting and regulatory matters related to deals & other transformational events on a daily basis in areas of focus listed above.
- This includes demonstrating an extensive knowledge of and/or a proven record of success in the following areas.
- Advising multi-national, publicly-traded companies & private equity firms on a broad range of financial reporting, & capital markets topics including:
- IPOs, debt offerings, private placements;
- Carve-outs and/or spin-offs; and
- Acquisitions, alliances/joint ventures, post deal matters.
- Demonstrates a strong interest in deals, capital markets, and other transactions-based activities and should expect to operate in a high pressure, fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with managing teams in a professional services consulting firm, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Applying extensive know-how of technical requirements for listing locally in Nigeria (bonds and equity) and cross-border such as the JSE, LSE, and NYSE.
- Reinforcing firm compliance requirements and applying to client engagements
- Continuously deepening and broadening business know-how – how it is changing and why this matters in order to articulate a relevant point of view
- Developing and sharing a point of view on strategic business issues and trends, anticipating the impact of technology developments on client needs, and surfacing relevant behavioral patterns as potential trends
- Integrating frameworks and models into an analytical approach to develop insight into organizations
- Coaching team members on problem-solving techniques and guiding them to use more sophisticated tools and frameworks
- Modelling and encouraging team members to learn about cultures that differ from their own
- Articulating a perspective on relevant global trends and how they impact client challenges
- Applying global industry-leading practices, global economic perspectives, and local territory cultural nuances to shape solutions and recommendations
- Motivating others, helping them to understand and visualize goals
- Helping others plan their development
- Displaying respect and fairness when managing others, bringing conflict into the open to enhance the quality of decisions and team effectiveness
- Evaluating the performance of team members on the basis of merit and skill, addressing performance issues in-the-moment
- Building and sustaining relationships to create exceptional client and people experience
- Helping team members determine the impact of their communication styles on others and coach their abilities to collaborate with and respond to clients and individuals
- Targeting and expanding a network of internal and external relationships
- Demonstrating integrity, ethical decision-making and behaviors that build trust across teams and with clients
- Creating an environment that encourages improvement, innovation, and inclusion, and challenges traditional approaches
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Deadline: 20th July, 2017