RusselSmith Group, is an ISO 9001:2008 certified asset integrity management services company incorporated to serve the needs of the global oil and gas exploration and production industry, using rope access technology as our principal medium of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
Business Development Advisor
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 – 5 years
Job Reference Code: RS-SMD-003
Job Type: Contract
Summary of Functions
Revenue & Lead Generation:
- Develop new and profitable revenue through business development of the company’s services.
- Strategizes and meets assigned sales target in line with set timelines. Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale.
- Research customer needs and develop application of products and services in an effective manner by:
- Researching and developing lists of potential customers
- Carrying out market research to determine customer needs & providing information to other staff
Government Relationship Management & Policy Influencing:
- Monitor local legislation and public policy issues, and advise Management of their potential impact on the company.
Liaison with Government Regulatory Agencies:
- Ensures compliance with the needs and concerns of regulatory bodies and clients.
- Prepare and make presentations to relevant government bodies to ensure professionalism and that it meets business purpose.
New Market Penetration & Competitor Intelligence:
- Perform market assessment, acquisition, needs assessment, corporate positioning and competitor intelligence studies.
Customer Retention/Key Account Management:
- Maintain a detailed and comprehensive directory of customers, facilities owned and projects.
- Attending meetings and sharing ideas at brainstorming sessions, reporting back details of discussions.
- Monitoring the progress of work and producing status reports.
Performs other duties assigned or required.
- A good University First degree is required
- 2-5 years
- Market Intelligence & Information Skills
- Good Problem Solving & Reasoning skills
- Good Quantitative Skills i.e. Statistics & Data Analysis Skills
- Good Multi-tasking, Organizational & Time Management Skills
- Good Analytical Skills. Exhibits Initiative & Proactive
- Good Interpersonal & Relationship Building Skills
- Excellent Business Writing & Research Skills
- Communication Skills – Written, Articulation, Enunciation & Elocution
- Customer Centric Orientation
- Detail-Orientation – Meticulous, Punctilious & Conscientious
- Diplomacy, Discretion & Business Ethics
- Flexibility & Creativity Skills
- Excellent Leadership & Supervisory Skills
- Presentation Skills – Charisma, Poise, Aura & Comportment
- Statutory Laws & Regulations Familiarity
- Team Orientation & Spirit
- Microsoft Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Positive attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines. Also included is the ability to open and close common business filing cabinets.
- The job is performed majorly outdoors and also indoors in a traditional office setting.
- Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor.
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Deadline: Not specified