The Benue State University was established in 1991 by the Government of Benue State. As the first State owned University in Northern Nigeria, the University’s vision is anchored on excellence and dedicated to creating knowledge and developing a complete person capable of not only responding to the cultural, political and economic needs of the environment, but also setting the agenda for change.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 15 years
Location: Makurdi, Benue
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice Chancelior for the day-today administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
Qualifications and Experience
- The prospective candidate must have attained the rank of Deputy Bursar or its equivalent, possess a good first degree in Accounting or any other relevant degree from a recognised University and must have at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in the University system.
- In addition, the candidate must be proficient in relevant accounting software.
- Possession of a higher degree will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must also belong to one of the following Accounting Bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria;
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria;
- Association of corporate and Certified Accountants; iv, Institute of Cost and Management Accountants;
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The candidate must not be above the age of sixty (60) years by 1st October, 2017.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a period of five (5) years subject to one (1) year extension as maybe determined by council.
- The other terms and conditions of service are similar to those of public Universities in Nigeria consistent with the statutes of the University and as may be determined by the council from time to time.
Applicants should submit their Applications in thirty (30) copies with photocopies of their certificates and detailed/signed Curriculum Vitae indicating:
- Full Names
- Place and Date of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Postal Address e Nationality/State of Origin/LGA
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education (including dates and institutions)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (including distinctions with dates)
- Work Experience and Positions held with dates
- Statement of Publications, including authorship stating contribution with evidence. Furthermore, names of the Journals in which the publications were made with dates should be indicated
- Conferences/workshops/seminars attended and papers presented, if any, with dates
- Present employer, post and salary
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom shall be professionally qualified to assess and comment on the competencies of the applicant. In addition to stating the names and addresses of Referees, applicants should request them to forward references on their behalf under confidential cover to the Vice-Chancellor, Benue State University, Makurdi before the closing date stated above
All applications, with the post clearly marked on the envelope, should be addressed to:
Benue State University,
- Applicants must include in their applications a signed statement of not more than five pages, detailing at least 5 strategic initiatives they would drive in the Bursary in support of the University’s vision and mission if given the opportunity.
- Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Deadline: 6th October, 2017