The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
BU Supplier Manager
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Lagos
Job ID: R-21025
- This is a high profile position with significant influence and interaction with Ingredient, Packaging and Sales and Marketing Equipment Suppliers as well as Global Subject Matter Experts and Corporate GP&T Platform Leaders, to ensure business is not constrained from a material supply continuity perspective.
- This position also interacts with the highest levels in the various bottling operations. This position is responsible for the overall supplier management program within the Business Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supplier Performance Management:
- Ensure all Company and Local Regulations, KORE Policies, Requirements and Standards are clearly addressed in the quality programs of the suppliers. Report and implement relevant corrective actions for any deviations. This includes FSSC 22000.
- Ensure suppliers are compliant to Supplier Guiding Principles (SGP) / internationally recognized ethical sourcing principles.
- Monitor the supplier’s performance against The Companies routine sample requirements.
- Follow up and verify close out of all non-conformances against which corrective action was requested.
- Develop and execute supplier quality improvement initiatives.
- Actively request information regarding supplier service levels and quality incidents within the bottler and assist with the close out of the corrective action.
- Manage changes to the approval status of existing suppliers.
- Annually, prepare and publish a supplier audit schedule as per the BU procedure.
- Manage the external audit companies used for supplier audits and provide training.
- Ensure the supplier audits are performed as per the supplier audit schedule, update as necessary.
- Review all audit reports and ensure corrective action plans are being implemented in a timely manner.
- Track progress and coach the responsible supplier people to achieve compliance.
- Manage the annual budget for supplier audits.
New Supplier Approval:
- On request and within the business requirements of the B, manage the authorization of new ingredient packaging and sales and marketing equipment suppliers as per the relevant KORE requirements.
- On request from the bottler and s per the relevant technical bulletin authorize suppliers of processing aids and auxiliary material.
- Provide recommendation to the BU Technical Director and BU QSE manager concerning the approval status of the new supplier.
- Publish authorization letters to the suppliers confirming the approval status.
Suppler Capability Building:
- Build capability within the BU concerning supplier partnership, by working with the relevant Bottler Procurement and Quality Assurance Managers, BU QSE Managers and supplier technical management.
- Recommend all policies, governance related technical bulletins and certification criteria on supplier management to the BU QSEy Manager and BU Technical Director.
- Maintain all relevant records on achiever plus and PICASSO
- 5+ years experience in the Quality Area with an experience in the development and implementation of supplier management programs with Coca-Cola or other Blue chip Companies in food, chemicals or pharmaceutical industry.
- Bachelor of Science (degree or equivalent) in Food Science & Technology, Mechanical / Chemical / Materials & Metallurgical Engineering.
- English and/or French Fluency.
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- Performance Driven and Accountable: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Application Deadline: Not specified