Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
With more than 3,900 humanitarian workers employed, and an average of 180 projects per year across 25 countries throughout Africa, Latin America and the Middle East, COOPI is the biggest Italian NGO. During its 50 years of activity, COOPI has successfully completed over 1,600 projects in 63 countries, involving 55.000 local operators and ensuring direct benefits to approximately 100 Million people.
Assistant Project Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
COOPI in Nigeria
COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014 to carry out a rapid evaluation of the most relevant constraints suffered by the Internally Displaced People (IDPs) displaced by the food crisis and the Boko Haram insurgency in the Lake Chad Basin.
COOPI’s aim is to support the most basic and pressing needs of communities affected by the violence. Despite the challenges presented by the security situation and the remoteness of the area, COOPI is providing a multi-sectoral emergency response to the victims of Boko Haram focused on food security, nutrition, protection and education.
Scope of the Vacancy
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible to execute all the tasks that regard the implementation of the project under the supervision of the Project Manager. He/she will support in the delivery of the field activities in order to reach the results and objectives of the project.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, he/she:
- Provide support to the PM in all COOPI activities undertaken in the area of the project
- Plan, support and monitor activities related to the project
- Capacity building of staff on INEE, PSS and Child Protection
- Complete/maintain the necessary COOPI internal paperwork and reports
- Provide technical and administrative assistance to the staff in the organization of the activities
- Ensure good relations with local authorities and coordinate with other agencies and partners in the field as necessary
- Support the PM in the preparation of work plans, workshop, trainings, updates and the project donor report.
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of activities to achieve project outcomes according to the budget
- Provide administrative and logistics support required for the successful implementation of project activities.
- Represent COOPI in meetings with government and other relevant stakeholders as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- Master’s degree in any social science field preferably, education, legal studies, sociology, political science and /or humanities or any related field.
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- At least five years of working experience in/with NGO. Experience in working with International NGO highly desirable
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Excellent in English (oral and written)
- Experience in designing and conducting training in INEE and Child Protection issues especially in the areas of human rights, gender, capacity building an added advantage
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- team player, effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, able to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of humour
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, Power point, Emails, Skype, Web researchers)
- Knowledge of and adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct, understands other international development guidelines
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa and Kanuri)
Method of Application
E-mail applications inclusive of:
- CV (max 3 pages)
- Cover Letter (max 1 page)
- Minimum three qualified reference contacts
Application should be submitted to the address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 21st August, 2017 specifying in the e-mail subject: “Application for Assistant Project Manager”.
Please note that any late application or incomplete submission will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 21st August, 2017