Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years and we want you to help make it happen
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Software Development Learning Facilitator
Type: Full Time
Experience: Junior-Mid Level
- The Software Development Learning Facilitator is charged with helping the next generation of African technology leaders gain the skills to be globally employable software developers.
- The specific responsibilities of the Software Development Learning Facilitator will include:
- Mentoring aspiring software developers
- Delivering actionable feedback and watch people improve based on your input
- Tracking and measuring skill development using Andela’s unique learning systems
- Continuously levelling up your own skills and grow with the organization
- Running simulated software development team sprints
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Professional Software Development (ex: Web development in JS, Python, Ruby, etc. or Mobile Development in Android or iOS)
- Mentorship or Coaching in Software Engineering/Development
- EPIC Values alignment
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
- Instructional Design in Computer Programming or Software
- Relational/Business/People Skills Training
- Be a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the plane
- Full medical coverage
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Job Title: Director of Information Technology
Desired Start Date: June 2017
About the Role
- Andela creates an environment of seamless, distributed work by embedded team members throughout Africa.
- We’re looking for a Director of Information Technology to build out best in class networks in all our locations, operationalize our helpdesk systems, roll out new hardware and put together an excellent team of IT professionals in each of our locations to tackle infrastructure challenges.
- You’re an expert in building and managing complex operations and developing the processes necessary to enable scale.
- You’re passionate about serving others through creating efficiency.
- Your domain will be the infrastructure that enables knowledge workers to do their best work and make sure we create alignment across the organization in order to better serve our customers.
- We need someone who’s world class at creating processes, structuring operations and can keep us running so that we can empower the continent’s best talent to level up and get better.
You’re the Kind of Person Who
- Wants your passion and expertise in Information Technology to be a model to others
- Has a strong belief in the potential of customer focused IT Services
- Loves unlocking the potential of others (especially the people you manage directly)
- Has a keen sense of how systems enable or hinder professional growth
- Always strives to provide your stakeholders faster and better service
- Believes in the effectiveness of collaborative problem solving
You Will Also:
- Build and orchestrate our networks across all locations:
- Setting a best in class standard for network quality and design & drive processes to achieve it
- Handle ISP & vendor relationships
- Setup and configure network for new offices throughout Africa
- Oversee all aspects of Andela’s IT Services including:
- Establishing IT policies, procedures and standards for our global locations to ensure consistency, security and maintainability of all IT services
- Establish and monitor SLAs for providing services to the org.
- Participate in the IT steering committee ensuring compliance with standards and audit requirements
- Operationalize IT Helpdesk systems
Own Andela’s IT Security and Policy strategy:
- Ensuring compliance
- Identifying gaps; creating and executing plans to cover them
- Manage and grow a team of IT professionals:
- Mentoring and growing their potential
- Setting expectations and facilitating their impact
- Set hardware & software standards for all of Andela
What Makes You a Great Fit for this Role
- Experience running an IT services organization across multiple countries
- Experience with SOC II Compliance
- Experience with provisioning and deploying a large scale Mac environment
- 2-5+ years of operational or project management experience at a software company
- Consensus-builder; develops relationships across the company with ease
- Strong project management and analytical skills, with a tendency toward data-backed decisions
- Strong technical experience in IT
- Located in Lagos, Nigeria or Nairobi, Kenya
- Familiarity with Meraki Network systems, GSuite and Slack
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Deadline: Not specified