INTERSOS is an independent, no-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices. The statutory bodies of INTERSOS, are: the Members Assembly, the Council, the Society for Auditing and Certification of Accounts.
Intersos, established in 1992, is recognised by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Admin- Finance Consultant
Job Type: Contract Part Time
Experience: 3 years
Starting date: Immediately
Salary Grade: Will be negotiated
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Admin-Finance Consultant will be performing the following tasks under the supervision of the Country Finance-Admin Manager:
- Manage the day-to- day personnel, financial and administrative resources of the office.
- Ensure enrolment of staff to Nigeria tax services.
- Monitor national staff presence and leave record.
- Follow up on INTERSOS administrative matters with relevant authorities.
- Follow up with the Immigration Service for expatriate staff visas.
- Undertake missions to field locations to review administrative and financial arrangements and make appropriate recommendations as required.
- Follow up on administrative formalities concerning local General Service staff and support the recruitment process of internal staff.
- Coordinate training and capacity-building activities to staff in administrative related areas.
- Manage the utilisation of petty cash at the Abuja office making sure that the expenditures are made on basis of proper documentation.
- Settle amounts due, or recover outstanding receivables.
- Prepare consolidate administrative budget for the Abuja and Field Offices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education: University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration, or related field OR university degree in another field combined with a professional qualification in accounting or finance;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in administration and Finance;
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with government services including tax authorities and others
Candidates are requested to drop their application document (CV + Letter of Motivation) in a sealed envelope at the gate of INTERSOS Office located at 882, Olu Awotesu Street, Jabi District, Abuja. The letter should be addressed to The Country Admin-Finance Manager, INTERSOS Nigeria.
The closing date for this announcement is Friday 08/09/2017. However, considering the urgency, the applications will be reviewed progressively and the first 3 candidates presenting a suitable profile will be retained for interview.
Deadline: 8th September, 2017