Erecruiter Nigeria – Our client is one of the largest Internet companies in West Africa with offices in Lagos, London, New York and Johannesburg. They are a well-funded, Venture Capital backed internet business. This company has been featured in publications such as CNN, CNBC Africa, BBC, NY Times, Variety, Financial Times, Economist, The Sunday Times, The Times, Forbes, Techcrunch and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Reports to: Head of Finance
- The Financial Accountant is responsible for all aspects of financial and operational accounting for the company’s Nigerian entities including payment processing, bookkeeping, tax, pension, audits and other statutory matters.
- The financial accountant is also responsible for tracking and administering artist payments and continuous process improvement for all the finance process.
- They will work closely with the outsourced payroll and tax providers as well as with the wider finance team based in Nigeria and the UK.
- They will be the key finance contact for the company’s Nigerian entities so will need to develop excellent working relationships with various members of the business.
Preparation and review of month end reporting schedules for Nigerian entities including reconciliation of:
- Bank accounts (to be completed by working day 2 of new month)
- Sales, purchase and general ledgers in IPN/iROKING/ ROK studios
- Review existence and value of fixed assets annually
- Assisting with preparation for the financial year end
- Provide required support to external auditors, outsourced payroll providers and ensure compliance with internal controls at a Group level
- Analysis and remittance of VAT returns, Pension and PAYE for IPN and liaising with outsourced providers on these where necessary
- Tracking and collecting WHT credits
- Mentoring and oversight of trainee accountant
- Prepare/ Produce ad-hoc reports as and when required by the Head of Finance
- Cover for ad-hoc administration duties where necessary
- Accruals and prepayments schedule
- Fixed asset register
- Preparation and posting of any related journal entries
- Review and adjustment of P&L and Balance Sheet Accounts as part of month end process
- Detailed variance analysis and regular sense checking
- Design and implementation of robust processes to:
- Track content purchases and delivery
- Record and track amounts payable to artists
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Formal Accountancy qualification
- Demonstrable experience of establishing more efficient processes.
- Tertiary Degree
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel (including pivot tables, vlookups, if functions)
- Experience in a fast-paced finance environment closing month end fully within 5 working days.
- Experience reporting for Group of Companies strongly desirable
- Previous experience of working with a remote manager
- Previous experience mentoring trainees
- International (UK/US) experience
Personal Qualities/ Behavioural Traits:
- Able to work with minimum supervision, Highly organized, High attention to detail
- Self-starter, enthusiastic and responsive, able to handle and protect confidential information, Trustworthy
- Unbiased and objective with high level of professional integrity
- 3,000,000 – 4,000,000 Per/Annum
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 31st July 2017